Pav Bhaji is a very famous street food that is relished by everyone. Usually, the tawa or the Kadai is the thing used to make Pav Bhaji, but today we are going to prepare it using the pressure cooker. The pressure cooked Pav Bhaji also tastes very amazing, especially on weekends. Pav bhaji, when made in the pressure cooker, takes less time and so this is best when you have a shortage of time.
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1 finely chopped medium sized onion
- 3 finely chopped small sized tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 chopped small sized capsicum
- ½ cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 large sized potato cubed
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri red chilli powder / lal mirch powder
- ½ teaspoon haldi powder turmeric
- 2 teaspoon Pav Bhaji masala
- Salt to taste
- 1.5 cups water
- Finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 sliced lemon
Making of Pav Bhaji:
1. Take a pressure cooker and heat 1 tablespoon of butter in it. Once the butter is heated, add chopped onions and saute for a minute. Then add ginger- garlic paste and saute again.
2. Now, add chopped capsicum and saute them until soften. Then add tomatoes and saute them until they turn soft and mushy. Then add green peas and potato and saute again.
3. Once all the vegetables are cooked well, add chilli powder, haldi powder, Pav Bhaji masala, and salt. Mix all the ingredients well.
4. Now, add 1.5 cups of water and give a good stir. Then, cover it and pressure cook for 3 whistles. Let the cooker cool down and then see if the bhaji is ready or not. Add more water is required.
5. Once the bhaji is cooked, mash the vegetables using a potato masher. Once the vegetables are mashed, mix well and garnish it using finely chopped coriander leaves and few drops of lemon.
6. Yummy pressure cooked Pav Bhaji is ready to be served. You can also top it up with butter before serving. Relish it on weekends with your dear ones.