In the Northern part of India, rajma is a common item that is included in the diet of all people. Rajma is not only filling, but it is also packed with several health benefits. Rajma is free of fat and rich in folate, magnesium and various other important minerals. 100 gms of rajma contain around 333 calories. Together, all these nutrients help the body to boost your metabolism, fight different medical disorders and also allow you to improve your digestion.
So, whenever you are cooking any rajma recipe, you are providing your body with a good amount of protein. It is great food for individuals of all ages. However, there are some essential tips that will help you to cook a delicious rajma dish every time you want to. Therefore, we have brought you some very important tips which will surely help you to create a delicious and mouthwatering rajma dish.
Tips to make the best rajma recipe
Choosing the right rajma – Make sure that you always choose a new stock of rajma beans always. Old stock of rajma does not cook well, and therefore it will not bring the best taste and become much more difficult to cook.
Soak the rajma – Always remember to soak the rajma into a cup of fresh water for at least 8-9 hours. It is vital to make sure to soak them in water in order to soften them. It allows the beans to absorb some water and allows you to cook much easily. It is recommended that you soak them overnight.
Spices – Use only good quality spices to cook any of your homemade rajma recipes. Spices enhance the taste of the rajma dish and give the absolutely perfect essence to your dish. The addition of garam masala and ginger paste is very refreshing. Many people also use coriander or red chilli masala for a different kind of taste and flavor.
Slow cooking – The process of slow cooking is the key to cook a delicious and mouthwatering dish of rajma. It adds to the thickness of the curry and allows the flavors and spices to get absorbed into the beans. In the last stage of the recipe, cook and stir the items well for at least 5-10 minutes.
Follow these essential tips the next time you enter the kitchen to make a rajma preparation, and enjoy a perfectly cooked rajma recipe very easily.
Paneer Kheer Recipe | Image Resource: pinterest.com
Total Time: 20 m
Preparation Time: 5 m
Once you are fasting, you crave for a lot of tasty meal. However, there are not several options present in the fasts, here’s a lip-smacking dessert dish which you could definitely make & enjoy the unique flavors. Paneer Kheer is the delectable sweet recipe which would not just give the taste buds a sweet experience but would give you the instant energy. You could also make the nutritious dessert recipes for the friends and family on festivals and special occasions. A must try sweet dish recipe, this is cooked with milk, paneer, sugar & green cardamom powder & garnished with pistachios and almonds. You could also make this mouth-watering North Indian dish with homemade paneer. So what is that stopping you? Try the simple dish & enjoy with the dear ones!
Ingredients for Paneer Kheer:
Grated paneer – 1 1/4 cup
Powdered green cardamom – 1/2 teaspoon
Milk – 3 cup
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Almonds as per requirement
Pistachios as per requirement
How to prepare Paneer Kheer:
Step 1) To make the yummy recipe, first of all, grate this paneer in the vessel & put beside.
Step 2) Then, place a deep-bottom vessel over moderate flame & pour milk in it. Bring the milk for a boil & then have grated paneer into it, combine properly & allow it to simmer for around ten minutes, stirring constantly until this thickens.
Step 3) Once the kheer gets thicken, sprinkle the cardamom powder & have sugar into the vessel. Stir to combine properly & cook for around 2 mins for combining the sugar. When done, switch off the burner & garnish with pistachios and almonds. Serve it hot & enjoy! (Note: You could have more your choice of raisins and nuts to the kheer).
This new trendy dish which is prepared using cottage cheese (Paneer) is so unique in many ways. Apart from paneer, cabbage and potatoes are used to make this recipe which brings a perfect balance in the dish. Dumplings are prepared with the paneer, and then it gets steamed not deep fry. Also, creamy spinach sauce is poured from the top at the time serving.
This recipe takes a maximum 25 minutes to prepare including cooking and preparation time. And as per the quantity of ingredients used in this recipe, you could serve maximum to 4 people.
Ingredients Required to make Paneer Dumplings with spinach sauce
- Paneer (Grated) – 1 Cup
- Cabbage (Finely Chopped) – ½ Cup
- Potatoes (Boiled, peeled and mashed) – ½ Cup
- Maida (Plain Flour) – 2 Tablespoon
- Coriander Leaves (Finely Chopped) – 1 Tablespoon
- Green Chillies (Finely Chopped) – 2 Teaspoon
- Salt – As per Taste
For The Spinach Sauce
- White Sauce – 1 Cup
- Spinach Puree – ¼ Cup
- Salt – As per Taste
For The Garnish
- Tomatoes (Finely Chopped) – 2 Tablespoon
The Process to make Paneer Dumplings with Spinach Sauce
For the dumplings
1) In a deep bowl, take all the ingredients and mix them well.
2) Split the mixture into 12 portions and roll them into a round shape ball.
3) Take a steamer and steam the dumplings for around 5 – 7 minutes and then keep them aside.
For the Spinach Sauce
1) Take a non-stick pan and add white sauce along with spinach puree. Cook them for around a minute on a medium flame.
2) Add pepper and salt as per your taste and keep it aside.
1) Take a serving plate and arrange dumplings on it. Then pour spinach sauce over them.
2) Your Paneer Dumplings with Spinach Sauce is ready. Serve them immediately after garnishing with chopped tomatoes.
Uttapam is a famous dish of the South Indian cuisine which could be relished anytime in the day. With a dosa like prep, preparing an uttapam is so easy & could be cooked in mins with the various veggies. One such variant is the Cheese & Basil Uttapam, that is made by using urad dal, fenugreek seeds, rice, Parmesan cheese and basil.
- Total Time: 40m
- Preparation Time: 15m
- Calories: 446
- Servings: 15
Ingredients for Cheese and Basil Uttapam:
- urad dal – two cup
- fenugreek seeds – two tsp
- grated parmesan cheese – two cup
- Basil – four tsp
- Italian seasoning as needed
- Rice – five cup
- Salt – two tbsp
- refined oil – six tbsp
- water as per requirement
How to prepare Cheese and Basil Uttapam:
Step 1) To make the amazing uttapam recipe, clean & soak rice, fenugreek seeds and dal whole night or for eight to ten hours. When done, drain the water & grind together every component with a cup of water to make a thick batter for the uttapam. Place it into a vessel & include salt as per the taste, mix properly with a spoon.
Step 2) Place a non-stick vessel over a moderate flame or a non-stick dosa tava & spray a few drops of the water onto it. Quickly clean with any kitchen cloth & then pour a little oil onto it. With a ladle, begin spreading the batter from centre of the tava to the outer portion in the circular motion.
Step 3) Once the crepe is slightly cooked, spray the grated Parmesan cheese on the top & cover with a lid. Allow it to melt a little & season with Italian seasoning & crushed the basil leaves. (Optional: You can use more herbs & masalas for a better taste.)
Step 4) When done, serve the uttapam hot and flat without folding it!
Cheesy Chutney Cheelas is an easy-to-prepare recipe that is made in almost each North Indian kitchen & is liked by all ages people. Cheela is a savoury pancake prepared with gram flour, jalapeno, cheddar cheese, a melange of authentic Indian masalas and green chutney. It is distributed as a snack & is also served in brunch or breakfast. Green or Mint chutney adds to its flavour & makes it even more novel. Pack it in your kid’s tiffin box & they would love these amazing cheelas. Go through the recipe.
- Total Time: 25m
- Preparation Time: 10m
- Calories: 340
- Servings: 8
Ingredients for Cheesy Chutney Cheelas:
- powdered gram flour (besan) – two cup
- salt as per requirement
- cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- baking powder – 1/4 tsp
- green chutney – 1/4 cup
- Jalapeno – one cup
- Water – 1 1/4 cup
- cayenne pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
- vegetable oil – 1/4 cup
- cheddar cheese – 1 cup
How to prepare Cheesy Chutney Cheelas:
Step 1) To begin with, bring a vessel & mix gram flour, salt, water, chopped jalapeno, cumin seeds, turmeric, baking powder and cayenne pepper. Combine the components finely ensuring that no lumps are generated. Heat one teaspoon oil in big non-stick frying vessel or crepe vessel on a moderate flame.
Step 2) Spread around 1/4 cup ready batter in the vessel, with a rounded ladle to spread it thinly. Cook for two minutes or till bottom is golden & little crisp. Flip cheela & cook for one minute.
Step 3) Flip over once more & spread one teaspoon chutney evenly on the top. Spray two tablespoon grated cheese evenly over the chutney. Cook for one minute till cheese begins to melt.
Step 4) Fold cheela in half & placed into the plate. Repeat same with rest batter.
Pav Bhaji is a very famous street food that is relished by everyone. Usually, the tawa or the Kadai is the thing used to make Pav Bhaji, but today we are going to prepare it using the pressure cooker. The pressure cooked Pav Bhaji also tastes very amazing, especially on weekends. Pav bhaji, when made in the pressure cooker, takes less time and so this is best when you have a shortage of time.
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1 finely chopped medium sized onion
- 3 finely chopped small sized tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 chopped small sized capsicum
- ½ cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 large sized potato cubed
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri red chilli powder / lal mirch powder
- ½ teaspoon haldi powder turmeric
- 2 teaspoon Pav Bhaji masala
- Salt to taste
- 1.5 cups water
- Finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 sliced lemon
Making of Pav Bhaji:
1. Take a pressure cooker and heat 1 tablespoon of butter in it. Once the butter is heated, add chopped onions and saute for a minute. Then add ginger- garlic paste and saute again.
2. Now, add chopped capsicum and saute them until soften. Then add tomatoes and saute them until they turn soft and mushy. Then add green peas and potato and saute again.
3. Once all the vegetables are cooked well, add chilli powder, haldi powder, Pav Bhaji masala, and salt. Mix all the ingredients well.
4. Now, add 1.5 cups of water and give a good stir. Then, cover it and pressure cook for 3 whistles. Let the cooker cool down and then see if the bhaji is ready or not. Add more water is required.
5. Once the bhaji is cooked, mash the vegetables using a potato masher. Once the vegetables are mashed, mix well and garnish it using finely chopped coriander leaves and few drops of lemon.
6. Yummy pressure cooked Pav Bhaji is ready to be served. You can also top it up with butter before serving. Relish it on weekends with your dear ones.