Kulfi | Image Resource : smedia2.intoday.in
Creamy Malai Kulfi is an amazing summer delicacy. It is prepared using some simple components, this eggless Indian kulfi consists dried milk solids, nuts & cardamom.
Nowadays there are various ways to prepare kulfi with the evaporated milk, condensed milk & of course there are the shortcuts because you always don’t possess the time to go through the whole process of lowering the milk but if you have patience & time then the long route is also recommended.
The inclusion of dried milk solids (khoya), heavy cream & milk powder makes the malai kulfi delicious. You may avoid milk powder if you like but the khoya & the heavy cream are must. Actually adding heavy cream always in the kulfi makes the kulfis very delicious & creamy. And as it’s Malai Kulfi, khoya is also an integral part for the kulfi. It provides grain & perfect texture.
Ingredients for Malai Kulfi:
- full fat milk-1 litre
- cream-250 ml
- Sugar powder-1/3 cup
- Six numbers powdered cardamom
- roughly chopped pistachios (optional)-Twelve
- Few strands of Saffron, soaked in one Tbsp warm milk for fifteen mins.
Preparing Malai Kulfi:
- Heat cream & milk in a wide bottomed pan & bring to a boil. Let the milk simmer with moderate flame until it reaches half the original quantity. Stir it sometimes.
- Drop cardamom powder, powdered sugar & roughly cutted nuts.
- Combine properly & keep simmering with moderate flame, stir it until it further lowers to almost 1/3 of the original quantity. It would have a rabdi continuity & little thick.
- Turn off flame & let it cool.
- When the cooling is done, put the mixture in the fridge for some hours. (It supports in lowering formation of ice crystals while freezing process)
- Pour the chilled mixture in kulfi moulds & close the lids.
- Put the kulfi moulds in the deep freezer & let it to set overnight or for some five to six hours.
- When the kulfi sets, put the kulfi mold in warm water for a while to help it un-mould easily.
- Include ice cream stick or kebab in the kulfi & serve. You could decorate with more nuts.